Vishwakarma Yojana 2023: During the 77th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana for traditional artisans and craftspeople during his speech at Red Fort. This scheme will be launched officially on the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti in September 2023 and PM Vishwakarma Yojana registration will also start very soon. The Vishwakarma Scheme is here to support our hardworking small artisans and workers nationwide. This special scheme offers financial assistance, training, advanced techniques, and skill-related guidance. With the help of the Vishwakarma Scheme, small artisans, workers, and cultivators can explore opportunities to join the MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises). This will help them become more familiar with MSME and its benefits.
Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
The PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana is a government scheme introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 15th. This program is aimed at providing support to small business owners, with a special focus on traditional artisans and craftspeople. It offers financial assistance to these small workers and artisans, while also providing them with training, information on advanced techniques, and skill-related guidance. The scheme has a substantial budget of around 15 thousand crore rupees, showcasing a significant investment by the government. This substantial sum of 15,000 crore rupees will aid individuals in traditional businesses such as goldsmiths, blacksmiths, hairdressers, washermen, masons (raajamistree), and vendors.
This scheme is specially announced for talented artisans in our country who are facing major issues like lack of money, which stops them from living better lives despite their skills. This affects a lot of people who could contribute to society’s progress if given a chance. That’s why the government is starting the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana on September 17, 2023. This yojana will train and financially help skilled artisans who need support. By doing this, the government wants to make these artisans stronger financially and help them contribute more to our society and country.
Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 Overview
|PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
|17 September 2023
|15 August 2023
|SC ST OBC, economic weak category people, traditional artisans and craftspeople
|PM Shri Narendra Modi
|13000 to 15000 Crore Rs.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Objective
PM Vishwakarma is India’s first such scheme which helps in providing end-to-end holistic support to every small businessman, traditional artisans, and craftsmen of the society in scaling up their traditional products and services. The objective of starting Vishwakarma Yojana is quite big which can be understood through the issues given below.
- Recognizing all artisans and craftsmen living in India as Vishwakarma and giving them financial help in business and other benefits
- To provide them with business/industry-related education from time to time and to make them more effective by enhancing their skills.
- Modernization of all equipment used in production and increase of production efficiency, productivity, and quality of products
- Providing loans in simple, collateral-free, and low-interest rates to the beneficiaries associated with Vishwakarma Yojana and providing interest rate rebate
- Educating and encouraging digital transactions to encourage digital empowerment of beneficiaries associated with Vishwakarma Yojana
- To provide a platform for brand promotion and market engagement to help Vishmakarma’s products reach higher purchases and new growth opportunities.
The PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana aims to uplift small artisans nationwide, enhancing their skills and financial standing. This initiative offers training and financial aid to craftsmen like weavers, goldsmiths, and others, empowering them for better economic prospects. By bridging the gap in training and resources, the scheme envisions a more prosperous future for skilled artisans, enabling them to contribute significantly to societal progress. Implemented on September 17, 2023, this program, led by the Central Government with support from State Governments, strives for accessible and impactful assistance, unlocking the potential of talented individuals otherwise hindered by financial constraints
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Main Features
- The Finance Minister, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman introduced the PM Vishwakarma Yojana in her Budget speech for 2023-2024.
- An amount of Rs 13,000 crore has been set aside in the budget to ensure the successful implementation of the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- People from the Vishwakarma community will directly benefit from this scheme. This community includes people from various backgrounds.
- Even those in Kargil will receive practical training as part of this scheme.
- The government will offer financial support by giving loans ranging from Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 2,00,000. There’s an added bonus of 5% government contribution on these loans.
- The scheme is designed to create job opportunities within the community and significantly improve their financial situation.
- Nearly all workers from the Vishwakarma community will be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- Millions of artisans across the country who use traditional tools to create various items will benefit directly from this scheme.
- The scheme will provide training for self-employment and assist traditional artisans in marketing their products.
- The PM Vishwakarma Yojana will be accessible to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Women, Tribals, and other marginalized sections of society.
- Inclusive of this initiative, around 164 backward castes, including blacksmiths, potters, and sculptors, who rely on traditional skills for their livelihood, will also receive support through this scheme.
Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility
- Any worker or artisan working in the unorganized sector on the basis of self-employment with the help of work tools and their hands or working in 18 family-based traditional businesses given in the scheme will be considered eligible for Vishwakarma Yojana.
- Only a person who is 18 years of age or above 18 years can apply for the scheme.
- Any person who wants to avail the benefits of this scheme should be engaged in the relevant business on the date of registration and should not already be a beneficiary of schemes like PMEGP, PM Swanidhi, and Mudra more than 5 years from today.
- Only one member of a family can avail the benefit of PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This includes husband, wife, and unmarried children living in the family.
- A person employed in any government service (Central/State) and the family members of that person cannot avail of the benefits of this scheme. This includes the husband and wife and their unmarried children living in the family.
Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
The Vishwakarma scheme is an innovative plan introduced by the Indian Government, designed to support and uplift both everyday workers and skilled artisans across the country. Through this scheme, the government aims to offer financial aid and training, empowering small artisans to enhance their craft and successfully market their products at fair prices. This initiative is a step towards fostering creativity and economic growth among artisans. The Benefits of Vishwakarma Yojana are mentioned below –
1. Acknowledgment: Artisans who become part of the Vishwakarma Yojana receive official recognition as Vishwakarma, complete with a certificate and an identification card.
2. Skill Enhancement: a. Verification of skills followed by 5-7 days (40 hours) of fundamental training. b. An opportunity to enroll in a 15-day (120-hour) advanced training program. c. Earn a training stipend of Rs 500 per day.
3. Tool Support: Receive a grant of Rs 15,000 to invest in tools and equipment.
4. Financial Assistance: a. Access collateral-free Enterprise Development Loans: Rs 1 lakh (First Tranche with 18 months repayment) & Rs 2 lakh (Second Tranche with 30 months repayment). b. Benefit from a concessional interest rate of 5%, with an Interest Subvention cap of 8% covered by MoMSME. c. The government of India covers the Credit Guarantee fees.
5. Digital Transaction Incentive: Earn Re 1 per transaction, with a maximum cap of 100 transactions per month.
6. Marketing Assistance: The National Committee for Marketing (NCM) provides services such as Quality Certification, Branding and promotion, E-commerce linkage, Trade Fairs advertising, publicity, and other marketing activities.
7. Financial Aid for Artisans: The Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana offers artisans a special loan of up to Rs 2 lakh at favorable terms, alleviating financial concerns and boosting their creative businesses.
8. Flexible Loan Phases with Friendly Interest Rates: In the initial phase of the scheme, artisans can access loans of up to Rs. 1 lakh at a low interest rate of 5%, tailored to their economic circumstances.
9. Comprehensive Skill Enhancement: The Vishwakarma Yojana focuses on honing artisans’ skills through advanced training, ensuring they remain relevant in an ever-evolving world.
10. Empowering Expertise: Skill Training and Tool Incentives: The scheme aims to preserve and enhance traditional artistry while aligning it with modern standards through skill training and tool incentives.
11. A Holistic Support System: The Vishwakarma Yojana offers a complete support system, encompassing generous loan terms, skill enhancement, toolkit incentives, digital transaction perks, and marketing support.
12. A Seamless Registration Process: Beneficiaries can easily register for the scheme through common service centers in villages, simplifying the process even for those who might not be literate.
13. Collaborative Funding: Central Government and State Partnership: The Vishwakarma Yojana’s funding primarily originates from the central government, with active participation from state governments ensuring its successful implementation.
Trades covered under Vishwakarma Yojana
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone Breaker
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Cobbler (Charmakar)
- Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
Vishwakarma Yojana Launch Date
The PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana is set to launch on September 17, 2023, marking the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti. This scheme aims to enhance the quality, size, and availability of products and services offered by artisans and craftsmen. It will economically empower weavers, goldsmiths, blacksmiths, and laundry workers.
Once Vishwakarma Yojana is introduced, it will provide significant assistance to small traditional artisans and craftspeople across the nation. According to Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnav, around 30 lakh families in the country will benefit from this scheme. Vishwakarma Yojana aims to elevate traditional artisans, improve their socio-economic position, and play a role in safeguarding India’s vibrant cultural heritage.
Vishwakarma Scheme Documents Requirments
The beneficiaries need to provide the following documents or information:
(i) Required Documents or Information: The beneficiaries must provide certain documents and information for the registration process. These include Aadhaar cards, mobile numbers, bank details, and ration cards. It’s important to note that having a ration card is mandatory for registration.
- Aadhaar cards
- mobile numbers
- bank details
- ration cards
- E-mail Id
(a) If a beneficiary does not possess a ration card: In cases where a beneficiary does not have a ration card, they will need to provide Aadhaar cards for all family members. You can refer to Paragraph 4 of the guidelines on Eligibility for the definition of a family in this context.
(b) If a beneficiary does not have a bank account: If a beneficiary doesn’t already have a bank account, they will be assisted in opening one by the CSC (Common Service Center). The CSC will provide guidance and support for this process.
Additional Documents or Information: Additionally, beneficiaries may be asked to provide further documents or information based on the specific requirements set by the MoMSME (Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises).
You can carry the following documents with you
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate. (if related)
Vishwakarma Yojana Online Registration
The Government of India has introduced the Vishwakarma Yojana to support small traders traditional artisans and craftspeople of the country. Online registration for this scheme will begin on September 17, 2023, which marks the birth anniversary of Lord Vishwakarma. The Vishwakarma Samman Yojana will leverage cutting-edge technology to elevate brands on a global scale, benefiting over 30 lakh families across India.
The Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 is a fantastic initiative by the Government of India that will bring benefits to thousands of families in India. Online registration for this scheme will begin soon, allowing people to easily apply and avail the advantages of Vishwakarma Yojana.
Note: This website is not the official Vishwakarma Yojana website, and it is not connected to any government department or official. It has been designed solely to provide information about the Vishwakarma Yojana. Please note that some of the details mentioned above might be subject to change or might not be completely accurate. The accurate and comprehensive information about Vishwakarma Yojana will be accessible only after the scheme is officially launched. Any updates will be provided on this website.